The week of your wedding is usually the craziest, most exciting, and fast paced whirlwind of your wedding experience! You’re so close to the actual day and all of the anticipation is brewing, but it still feels like there are a million things left to do, you want to get it all done and not turn into a total bridezilla at the last minute. I have been there, friend! Here are 5 tips for the week of your wedding that you’ll want to tackle before your wedding day so that the day itself goes more smoothly, and you can enjoy it stress free – cause who doesn’t want that, right?
5 Tips For The Week Of Your Wedding
1. Set aside your wedding details in a box: include your jewelry, shoes, veil, invitation suite, and any other heirlooms you want photographed (your ‘something borrowed’, your perfume, any mementos from your relationships, etc). If you go ahead and do this before the big day, you won’t be scrambling to gather your details together for your photographer on your big day
2. Designate various point people: your wedding day shouldn’t be the day that you’re trying to balance and take care of all the things. I know it’s hard to give up control or you might feel uncomfortable asking people to do things for you – but I am here to tell you, there are people in your wedding and in your families who love you and want your day to be everything you wanted! Make sure you designate AND delegate. Designate a person who know almost as much as you do about the wedding day to answer questions (typically your maid of honor or a sibling). Delegate various point people for different tasks, such as ensuring ceremony items are in place, gathering family members for photos, holding on to important items, etc,
3. Break in your wedding shoes: especially if you’re wearing heels, it’s a good idea to at least walk around a little in your wedding shoes. The last thing you want on your wedding day is to be stuck wearing uncomfortable shoes!
4. Pack or order a wedding day emergency kit: lucky for us, Amazon prime can get one of these to you in two days, and you don’t have to leave your house to find all of these items (PRAISE)! This emergency kit is tiny but really packs a punch – it has everything you can think of, from dress tape to bobby pins (you can’t have enough of those!) There are tons of others you can just order right off of Amazon too, and I’d recommend grabbing a couple of these for your girls as well!
5. Get enough rest: okay, this probably goes without saying, but it is SO important that you are taking care of yourself during this time! Rest can look different for everyone; be sure to do something the day before to bring you back to the true reason you’re doing all of this in the first place, whether it’s a walk with your fiancé, some time to journal, or a long bath. Whatever gives you that moment to stop, catch your breath, and reflect. You’re going to be in a much better headspace to enjoy your big day!
So there you have it, 5 tips for the week before your wedding to ensure that your day goes smoothly! These are just a few tips to make your actual wedding day a little easier. But remember, even if you realized you missed something, try not to panic too much – it can always be fixed, there are loved ones who want to help you have the best day ever, and at the end of the day, you and your fiancé are going to have your happily ever after – and that’s what truly matters!
Read Next: Do’s and Don’ts for Writing Your Own Vows
Be the first to comment